Coming September 2020.
Help Design students at Cal Poly prepare for the working world by connecting them to professionals who can provide guidance and real world insights.
Graduating students will be better prepared in the design field by establishing a professional network and insights into how to be successful in the industry.
As a professional, you will have the opportunity to hone your skills in advising this next generation of design professionals.
Every quarter that you participate, you will be:
- Committing to a minimum of 5 hours of time per quarter/semester
- Facilitating an introduction
- Facilitating check-in meetings, a minimum of three times during the quarter
- Based on what topics students find most valuable to them, you will share your expertise in that subject. You may recommend covering more, but it will ultimately be up to the students
- Completing an evaluation survey at the end of the quarter (so the program can learn and evolve)
Topics of interest
- Online presence review
- Portfolio/website review
- Interview & job search preparation
- Portfolio presentation
- Decoding job requirements & descriptions
- Share influencers
- Discuss design community leaders
- Hard skills
- Soft skills
By participating, you agree to commit your time to these students and work around their academic schedule for the quarter. Professionals should not interfere with the student’s academic priorities.
Program Director of AIGA Central Coast