NEW YORK—July 1, 2010. Beginning today, five newly elected members join the board of directors of AIGA, the professional association for design. In March, AIGA members elected the nominees to the 15-person national board, which plays a crucial role in ensuring that the organization continues to operate in the best interest of past, present and future members. The board also includes two ex officio members, the executive director and the chair of the chapter presidents council. As the new directors assume their roles, AIGA formally recognizes those completing their volunteer service to the board.
- Gaby Brink, founder and creative director, Tomorrow; AIGA San Francisco
- Phil Hamlett, graduate director, School of Graphic Design, Academy of Art University; AIGA San Francisco
- Deanna Kuhlmann-Leavitt, founder and principal designer, Kuhlmann Leavitt, Inc.; AIGA St. Louis
- Santiago Piedrafita, chair, Department of Graphic Design and Industrial Design, North Carolina State University; AIGA Raleigh
- Robin Tooms, principal, managing director and brand/web strategist, Savage, Inc.; AIGA Houston