Join us for the launch of this new chapter-led initiative during Emerge Awareness Week, August 15-21, 2016.
We are thrilled to share with you the first of its kind AIGA chapter-led and co-created national awareness week as the result of AIGA Minnesota’s awarded AIGA Innovate project, the Pop-up Innovate Mash up. We would like to extend an invitation to you and your community to actively participate in this shareable and scalable initiative.
We’re kicking off this new EMERGE initiative with a week’s worth of events and content to help you better understand what EMERGE is and how it can engage a large percentage of your members with tailored content. EMERGE is a series of experiences tailored to help the emerging designer hone their skills, discover their talents, and grow their career.
EMERGE offers customizable content—scalable for all 70 chapter’s and community’s needs—in the areas of employment, growth, leadership, entrepreneurship, and life skills, to designers who are just launching their careers or have up to five years experience in the field.
Get involved in these upcoming events, led by AIGA’s volunteer-led chapters, by participating in the organization’s EMERGE activities, webinars, live-streams, and projects.
Kick-off week events include:
- August 15, Monday: AIGA Wichita, 5 rounds: agency vs. freelance
- August 16, Tuesday: AIGA Minnesota, Designer as entrepreneur
- August 17, Wednesday: AIGA St. Louis, Portfolio development
- August 18, Thursday: AIGA Arizona, Talent is overrated: life skills for young designers
- August 19, Friday: AIGA Seattle, EMERGE inspired: five speakers share experience & advice for early career success
- August 20, Saturday: AIGA Blue Ridge, The game of life: EMERGE edition
Event registration URLs will be added for each event, to be provided by each chapter.
More information about these and additional pop-up EMERGE events to come.
Contact Jenny Price, incoming president’s council chair, with questions at email@example.com and Katrin Loss, AIGA Minnesota president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.